Thursday, October 19, 2006

Riverbend is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baghdad Burning is her blog and she posted today.

After sitting in the US for a year while My daughter was deployed, I thought the gut wrenching fear was gone after she came home in Nov 2005.

Having served in Desert storm I have some knowledge how bad it is, if your in a combat zone, and how quick it all can end.

But when the story of Riverbend went around the net, that fear returned, for somebody I never met, but reading her words, made some sort of connection and until today I feared the worst.

And fittingly it was the Lancet Study about the 600,000 deaths in Iraq due to the war which stirred her back to the keyboard.

So no matter what the weather today, it is a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger KayInMaine said...

Awwww Clif. My heart is breaking for you right now, because when I clicked on the link to go to Riverbend's blog, there has been no update since this past August. As a father you must feel so desperate sometimes with your child (your daughter) over in a war zone. Believe me, my cousin Scott was over there for two years and our family was nervous constantly!!!

One thing I did notice however...on DailyKos (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/10/41743/625) there is a post about a radio show over in Iraq and what I was getting from this post is that the language seems very much like Riverbends!! It's possible that she has taken a break and is now working on the radio. Could be!!

The sad part? I posted on here (or White Noise Insanity) about how 11 Iraqi radio workers were gunned down in cold blood during the testing period of this new station. Was she among them? Could be. Unfortunately, the Internet doesn't allow any of us to know more about a person than what is written, so because we don't know her real name, we will never know how to identify her when she's gone. Very sad.

Another blogger, sansculotte.org, is amongst the missing too. His last post on his blog was in July of this past summer. Many of us think he's dead but some think he is just tired of politics and has moved away from it. Again, we will never know!!!!

So Clif, as a parent myself, I understand how you're feeling right now. Riverbend was young, a female, and living in a war zone which is just like your daughter. Please let your daughter know that myself and others are thinking of her and hope that she is protected every single day while she is over there!!!!

Okay? Bear hugs to you Clif....

Thursday, 19 October, 2006  
Blogger Mike said...

Thats great that RiverBend is still alive, i'm going to go check out her blog now, Clif I hope your daughter stays safe, how long was she sent over there for this time.

Thursday, 19 October, 2006  
Blogger clif said...

My daughter is not there NOW she got home almost one year ago after a year LONG deployment. If they were going to send her back, she would not go until late 2007. She is in the reserves.

Thursday, 19 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home